Monday, September 12, 2011

Shaun of the Dead Review


Just to let everyone reading this know, this is absolutely my favorite movie I have ever seen. I find this movie to be cinematic perfection, because it combines everything I love about movies into an hour and a half of pure enjoyment. Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost making a movie together is probably the best combination of director and actors I have ever seen. There is a difference between a director/actor working well together and the director/actors being best friends and creating something that they are all passionate about.

The television show Spaced and the movies Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are some of the best examples of pure entertainment ever in my mind. They work on so many different levels and I feel that Shaun of the Dead is the best out of the three. The layers of comedy, drama, and action in this movie make it just incredible, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost comprise one of the greatest on screen duos of my time. They play off each other so effortlessly and the viewer can see that they are enjoying every moment they are on screen together. The scenes where Pegg and Frost are having dramatic moments together are infused with humor and it makes the scenes even more heartbreaking. In these reviews I tend not to get into the plot and I will never spoil anything for you. I will tell you that this movie is not to be missed and I guarantee that you will like at least some aspects of this movie if you don't absolutely love this movie as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment