Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Cabin In The Woods

This is going to be a very short review because by even saying some of the people who star in the movie will ruin the twists in the movie. What I can say is that this is the best horror movie I have seen since Shaun of The Dead. This movie went above and beyond all of my expectations and for the first time in a long time I was actually surprised by a horror movie. This is a must see movie for anyone who likes slasher horror movies as well as monster movies. If your favorite horror movies are Saw or Paranormal Activity, you will most likely not enjoy this movie and you should probably also jump off a fucking bridge. The pure creativity brought to the table by Joss Whedon and his co-writer was just staggering. For every cliche that they intentionally used they brought a fresh new concept to the table as well. It is going to be difficult to top this movie in terms of pure enjoyment over the course of the summer movie season. I guarantee that this movie will be a better time in the theater than The Avengers or MIB 3, both which are coming out next month. I am really proud of myself that I made it through the entire review without a single spoiler, and I will say that this movie has the best stoner in horror movie history in it as well. I will leave you with this single word, and if you see the movie you will know why it is so fucking funny, MERMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment